The CUC Macleay Valley STEM Student Bursaries will be offered in 2024 to students who are registered with CUC Macleay Valley and have a permanent home address in the Macleay Valley Region. Bursaries will be available to support students who are studying Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics degrees, and have been sponsored by the Oven Mountain Pumped Hydro Scheme.
Bursary value totals $2,500 per calendar year.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Studying through an Australian University or Registered Training Provider
- Completing a course in a discipline of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Registered with the CUC Macleay Valley as a current student.
- Permanent home address within the Macleay Valley region.
Applicants needs to submit:
- Online application form completed.
- Studying through an Australian University or Registered Training Organisation with proof of enrolment in subject requiring placement.
- Two written character references.
- Short (max. 500 words) letter address to the Board of CUC Macleay Valley outlining achievements, future aspirations, and description of how they plan on using the bursary including an acknowledgment of willingness to tell their story through the Country Universities Centre and Kempsey Shire Council.
- At the discretion of the panel, consideration will preference financial need. The applicant may include an optional short statement of financial need in the above mentioned letter.
If successful, recipients may be asked for photo and or statement that can be used by CUC Macleay Valley, or relevant Federal department.
This bursary will be open in February and March 2024.
Applications need to be submitted through the online form. Bursary payments are made after your institution’s census or fee payment date.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The bursary decisions will be made by an independent panel and may include an interview.